Skip to main content

#CNEprogram Input

I'm completing the 4th week of an online course through the Academy of Culinary Nutrition and I'm having a blast.  Recipe creations, assignments, meal plans, and cooking are joy to my heart.  I realize that makes me a big NERD, but I'm completely fine with that designation. 

As I look at upcoming assignments, I need feedback.  I'll be creating my own cooking or workshop style class to teach.  I have a million and one ideas about what people want to hear, but I'm not actually sure what real people want to hear!  So, I'm asking you to get in contact with me: @what_jessi_eats on instagram, or leave a comment here!  What is it that you want to hear more about??

Quick and easy meal replacement ideas? or meals on the go?

Where are my pots and pans? What's a spatula again?  Kitchen Basics 101 with a few recipe ideas to get you started?

Kitchen clean-out? What should I even have in my kitchen so I can cook?  And what do I need to throw out?

Meal planning 101?

Picky Kids Anonymous?

I'd LOVE to hear your ideas.  Thanks in advance.  I'll draw a random name from those who have shared ideas and you'll win a free seat at my 1st EVER workshop that you helped me create!!  (Date TBD in early December)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having a Healthy Relationship with Food

Today is Day 1. Day 1 of my reset with food. I'm about to get real...I've gone off the rails.  I am craving things that I haven't craved in months. I'm wanting to eat handfuls of chocolate chips out of my pantry, or wanting to shove all the cookies into my mouth while no one is looking (because Culinary Nutrition Expert's don't eat gluten-containing cookies by the bucketful).  But, I'm realizing that I must be honest about where I find myself in my food journey.  2 years ago white sugar was my drug of choice...food was what I ran to for comfort and happiness.  I tackled that.  Except I didn't.  A heroin addict wouldn't go back to just a little bit every so often.  An alcoholic would not be advised to drink in moderation.  And a sugar addict can't expect to control her addiction to sugar by only eating it on "special occasions." A little less than 2 years ago as I just began to realize I had an unhealthy relationship with food....

Recipes from 6/6/17

You'll find my 'recipes' below...but before you dive in there, can I share just a few thoughts with you? 1. Thank you.  Thank you for coming to read this and to walk with me on this journey of feeling so much better and making better decisions for myself and my family.  2. I'm sorry for the way I do recipes. If you are one that needs precise measurements and exact times to cook things - just stop now.  You'll likely never find that here. It's just not me.  I look at a recipe and change it just about every time I make it.  That's why I don't bake very often!  Anyway, I am much more of a just go with it and experiment kind of recipe girl!  Hope it inspires you to do your own thing in the kitchen too! "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" Scramble: Throw some coconut oil in your large cast iron skillet, and let it get good and hot. In the mean time, chop up some onion, bell pepper, sugar snap peas, sweet potato, potato, zucchini, squash....

I am learning.

Have you ever found yourself lost?  Not in the sense that you have absolutely no idea where you are - but more that you have somewhat of an idea but you just aren't sure how to get to the place you are attempting to get to?  Please tell me I'm not the only one! This is where I find myself today.  I pulled out of my driveway just a bit ago in Katy, TX and made a few turns with complete confidence that I was on my way to the Y.  Then I realized - I'm actually headed in the wrong direction.  I did a U-turn and Asher immediately asked why.  I explained that this is what I do these days.  I am learning, so I turn around often.  I am learning, so I make mistakes.  I am learning, so getting some place takes a little bit longer these days.  And now, as I sit waiting to take the BODYPUMP class at my new YMCA, I'm amazed at those simple words I spoke to my son just a few minutes ago.  I was speaking then about learning how to get around...